Sunday, November 18, 2018

Patience

Patience is the name of our bus which is quite fitting for the current state of our lives. Patience has been around a few years, since 1972. She has driven over 300,000 miles and hauled a lot of children before we took her over. Patience isn't a fast mover, she needs to be warmed up before she starts her day. And sometimes needs the kinks worked out before she hits the road. Sure the ride is loud and bumpy but she usually puts a smile on peoples faces as we pass by. And you can count on road trips taking twice as long to get to your destination. It's not that noticeable though, because the scenery is more enjoyable. Sometimes she is stinky, whether it be the cloud of smoke coming from the exhaust or the occasional poo smell from the toilet. All worth it so the husband doesn't have to pull over a million times to accommodate my bladder. The inside is small, yet cozy. Really easy to get messy but can get clean up in a jiffy. Patience is something you definitely have to get used to. She was a little overwhelming at first, but we've grown to love her even with her faults. Nobody is perfect, not even a bus.

Our daughter is much like the bus, she requires a lot of patience. If I'm in a hurry, guaranteed it will be a bad day. I need to remind myself daily to take it slow. My anxiety comes out if I try to control what is going to happen with the day. Recently, I've discovered I'm more OCD than I realized. I knew I had it, but until Finely got to be the age of a toddler I didn't realize how bad it was. You wouldn't think that I am OCD if you saw what my jewelers bench looked like after hours of creating, but I can only handle a mess for so long. Especially in a small space, it forces you to be organized. So I spend the majority of my days cleaning. When it comes to babies and toddlers, they are messy when they eat. You have no idea how much this bothers me! Yet I am a complete slob when I am cooking or baking, and even when I'm eating. But I clean the mess when I'm done. Nothing gets my anxiety going as much as when we are in the car and Finley is screaming or whining. I try to plan car rides when I know it's nap time. Usually, I forget all about the stressful car ride when we get to our destination. She's so excited to be at the store and puts a smile on other shoppers faces. Just makes my day. Even though she has the typical qualities of a toddler, she is a very happy girl and I am so thankful for that.

A sample of what it looks like when I'm trying to fix dinner, or accomplish anything really.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment