Thursday, February 21, 2019

Changes

Hey everyone! Hope your new year is treating you well. We've been just trying to survive for the most part. We had the usual sickness. Started with Evan, then me, then our sweet Finley. We got better, then it snowed. Woohoo! Except we were stuck at home for several days. I'm used to a city being prepared for snow. The main road was plowed but it's kinda useless when the neighborhoods don't get plowed. I finally had Evan plow through the thick slush with my Subaru so we could get to the store. Still some snow on the ground, but not much.



Before we got sick, I decided to make a big change in our living situation. It's been hard, but I had to come to terms with the fact that my studio space is wasted space right now. I've tried to do my jewelry while being a full time mom and it's just not working out. If I had family near to watch my daughter while I work it would be a whole different story. And not to mention that we still don't have a bed for her. Don't get me wrong, l love the cuddles with her, but I love being next to my husband too. And we need that time together. Especially if we are going to have another child! The only time I really have to make anything is when she goes to bed. And lately, that time is being spent with my husband and/or cleaning. By that point I'm ready for sleep. I must have sleep. I am not one of those people who can function on only a few hours of sleep. Never going to happen. I'm going to enjoy this time I have with my daughter, it goes really fast like everyone said it does. She's already almost 16 months old!



So, my studio space is going to turn into bunks. I'm super excited to paint and decorate this space too. Of course, it can't just be plain. It's going to have to be a fun play space for the kid/s as well. I haven't put all my art stuff in storage. I kept the paints, felting, sewing, and a few jewelry tools. I have to have some art supplies around. It's who I am! We have some ideas for a bit larger studio space for me in the future. And I like our plans.



I spent the last week and a half or so packing all my stuff for storage (perfect timing while being snowed in). You wouldn't believe how much shit I crammed in my space. If you are an artist too, I'm sure you would understand. I'm getting better at letting go of stuff. Probably always have to work on it though. Now Evan can work some of his magic while Finley and I are gone. She's going on a plane for the first time to visit grandma. Can't wait for some warmer weather and sunshine.🌞

So if you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, my posts will be more on the progress of the bus and family life than jewelry right now. I hope you enjoy and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment